April was a busy month for public enterprise companies! We welcomed Okta, Yext and Cloudera to the public markets following their successful IPOs. Oracle strengthened their position in marketing cloud with their acquisition of adtech startup Moat for $850MM. Last but not least, April was a busy season for enterprise earnings announcements. Following strong cloud earnings from Microsoft, Google and Amazon, we can now officially say that the 5 largest companies in the US are all technology companies! Check out the monthly highlights below for more details. You can also download and listen on iTunes. Enjoy!
April’s Enterprise News
- Cloud Earnings Power Big Tech (Amazon, Microsoft and Google) to New Heights
- Cloudera Shares Jump 20% In IPO, But Is It A Win For Enterprise Tech?
- The NY Times Highlights Companies Deploying A.I. and the Employees Impacted
- Oracle Bolsters Marketing Cloud with $850MM Acquisition of Moat
- Investors poured a record-breaking $5 billion dollars into enterprise technology startups in the first quarter of 2017.
- Yext Raises $115MM with Successful IPO
- Okta Surges 40% In IPO Continuing the Enterprise IPO Window
Updates from Emergence Capital
- Emergence Partner Joe Floyd talks to Kathy Lord, SVP Sales and Customer Success at Intacct about tips and tricks for building a B2B sales organization. Watch the video below or Listen to the podcast on iTunes.
- Zinc Raises $11M to power enterprise collaboration for the deskless workforce.
- General Partner Jason Green Featured on the Midas List following fantastic 2016.
- Textio’s Shares their Take on the Secrets to Leveraging AI through Human Powered Learning Loops
- Crunchbase Raises $18M Series B to Accelerate Product Pipeline
- Intacct Shares What SaaS Metrics to Use at Various Stages of a Company’s Life [Part 1] and How to Scale the Process Required to Manage Metrics [Part 2]