99 Motivational Sales Quotes (And 11 Videos) to Rock the Remainder of 2017

May 22, 2017 Matt Smith

I love reading sales books just like most sales nerds. That said, most salespeople are very busy and don’t have time to read books. With the swamped sales hacker in mind, I’ve compiled 99 of my favorite motivational sales quotes to allow you to quickly gain knowledge from the greatest sales books of all time.

Sales is also a tough grind. Even the best sales negotiators aren’t immune to the mighty hand of uncle rejection. That’s why we all need a little motivation sometimes.

FYI – All the quotes are tweetable so you can look smart even if you did not actually read the books 🙂

Aaron Ross of “Predictable Revenue

1. “Qualified opportunity growth leads to Predictable Revenue growth” – Aaron Ross[Tweet It]
  1. “The quality of your people means everything to you and your team’s success” – Aaron Ross[Tweet It]
  1. “As Winston Churchill said, ‘Never, never, never, never give up!’ (with ideal prospects).” – Aaron Ross[Tweet It]
  1. “Use Sales Development Reps to prospect & pass qualified opportunities to quota-carrying salespeople” Aaron Ross[Tweet It]
  1. “The better your lead gen is, the less dependent you are on the quality of your salespeople & process” Aaron Ross[Tweet It]
  1. “Bad process is better than no process, because you can improve systems but not randomness” Aaron Ross[Tweet It]
  1. If you have to throw your VP Sales at every big deal, you don’t have a scalable sales process”Aaron Ross[Tweet It]
  1. “1-time revenue spikes that aren’t repeatable won’t help you achieve consistent YoY growth.” Aaron Ross[Tweet It]
  1. “The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” Aaron Ross[Tweet It]
  1. “Customers don’t care at all whether you close the deal or not. They care about improving their business.” Aaron Ross[Tweet It]
  1. “In fact, if you’re making cold calls, you are doing everything wrong.” Aaron Ross[Tweet It]
  1. “Of course you want more revenue, but what good is it if it isn’t predictable?” Aaron Ross[Tweet It]
  1. “Are you making excuses for not finding ways to get around your challenges?” – Aaron Ross[Tweet It]

Tom Hopkins of “How to Master the Art of Selling”

1. Repeat anything often enough and it will start to become you.” – Tom Hopkins [Tweet It]
  1. I never see failure as failure, but only as the game I must play and win.” Tom Hopkins [Tweet It]
  1. You begin by always expecting good things to happen.” – Tom Hopkins [Tweet It]
  1. You are your greatest asset. Put your time, effort and money into trainingTom Hopkins [Tweet It]
  1. I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed.” Tom Hopkins [Tweet It]

Neil Rackman of “SPIN Selling”

1. “Successful people ask a lot more questions during sales calls than do their less successful colleagues.” – Neil Rackham [Tweet It]
  1. “It’s more dangerous to ignore signals of customer concern than it is to explore potential concerns and get them out into the open.” Neil Rackham [Tweet It]

Dale Carnegie of “How to Win Friends and Influence People”

1. Any fool can criticize, complain, and condemn—and most fools do.” – Dale Carnegie [Tweet It]
  1. “When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic.”- Dale Carnegie [Tweet It]
  1. “Everybody in the world is seeking happiness—and there is one sure way to find it. That is by controlling your thoughts.” – Dale Carnegie [Tweet It]
  1. “Talk to someone about themselves and they’ll listen for hours.” – Dale Carnegie [Tweet It]
  1. “You can’t win an argument. You can’t because if you lose it, you lose it; and if you win it, you lose it.” – Dale Carnegie [Tweet It]
  1. “Names are the sweetest and most important sound in any language.” Dale Carnegie [Tweet It]
  1. To be interesting, be interested.” – Dale Carnegie [Tweet It]
  1. “Why talk about what we want? That is childish. Absurd. Of course, you are interested in what you want.”  – Dale Carnegie [Tweet It]
  1. “Arouse in the other person an eager want. He who can do this has the whole world with him. He who cannot walks a lonely way.” Dale Carnegie [Tweet It]

Zig Ziglar of “Secrets of Closing the Sale”

1. You were designed for accomplishment, engineered for success, and endowed with the seeds of greatness.” – Zig Ziglar[Tweet It]
  1. “There are no traffic jams on the extra mile.” – Zig Ziglar [Tweet It]
  1. There is no elevator to success…you have to take the stairs.” – Zig Ziglar [Tweet It]
  1. Where you start is not as important as where you finish.”  – Zig Ziglar [Tweet It]
  1. If you don’t see yourself as a winner, then you cannot perform as a winner” – Zig Ziglar [Tweet It]
  1. Each close you use should be an educational process by which you are able to raise the value in the prospect’s mind.” – Zig Ziglar [Tweet It]
  1. You don’t build a business –you build people– and then people build the business.” – Zig Ziglar [Tweet It]
  1. Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly until you learn to do it well.” – Zig Ziglar [Tweet It]
  1. Success is not measured by what you do compared to what others do, it is measured by what you do with the ability God gave you.” – Zig Ziglar [Tweet It]
  1. When obstacles arise, you change your direction to reach your goal, you do not change your decision to get there.” – Zig Ziglar [Tweet It]
  1. When you do more than you’re paid for, eventually you’ll be paid for more than you do.” – Zig Ziglar [Tweet It]
  1. A goal properly set is halfway reached.” – Zig Ziglar [Tweet It]
  1. If you can dream it, you can achieve it.” – Zig Ziglar [Tweet It]
  1. How you see your future is much more important than what happened in your past.” – Zig Ziglar [Tweet It]
  1. For every sale you miss because you were too enthusiastic, you’ll miss a hundred because you weren’t enthusiastic enough.” – Zig Ziglar [Tweet It]
  1. The more you complain about your problems, the more problems you will have to complain about.” – Zig Ziglar [Tweet It]
  1. Selling is essentially a transference of feelings.”- Zig Ziglar [Tweet It]
  1. You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar [Tweet It]

Harvey Mackay of “Swim With the Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive”

1. You don’t need a big close, as many sales reps believe…Keep the customer actively involved throughout your presentation, and watch your results improve.” – Harvey Mackay [Tweet It]
  1. To be a champion, you have to learn to handle stress and pressure.” – Harvey Mackay [Tweet It]
  1. Most fears of rejection rest on the desire for approval from other people. Don’t base your self-esteem on their opinions.Harvey Mackay [Tweet It]
  1. Deadlines aren’t bad. They help you organize your time. They help you set priorities.Harvey Mackay [Tweet It]
  1. Too often, sales reps simply regurgitate their presentations and expect to land the sale. It doesn’t work.” – Harvey Mackay [Tweet It]
  1. You do not get what you want. You get what you negotiate.” – Harvey Mackay [Tweet It]
  1. “I believe that visualization is one of the most powerful means of achieving personal goals” – Harvey Mackay [Tweet It]
  1. “You can win more friends with your ears than with your mouth.” – Harvey Mackay [Tweet It]
  1. “By getting your customers to agree with you in small steps along the way, you have a better chance of reaching agreement when it’s time to do business.” – Harvey Mackay [Tweet It]
  1. “Expect to make some mistakes when you try new and different approaches.” – Harvey Mackay [Tweet It]
  1. “The quality of your life is determined by the quality of your relationships. The quality of your business is no different.” – Harvey Mackay [Tweet It]
  1. “If you want people to know how much you care, show them how much you remember. Learn their names and use them often. It’s an important skill to develop.” – Harvey Mackay [Tweet It]
  1. “Remember you’re not entitled to anything. You have to earn your success every day, and you will make mistakes like everyone else.” – Harvey Mackay [Tweet It]

Daniel Pink of “To Sell is Human”

1. “One of the best predictors of ultimate success in either sales or non-sales selling isn’t natural talent or even industry expertise, but how you explain your failures and rejections.” – Daniel Pink [Tweet It]
  1. “Questions are often more effective than statements in moving others.” – Daniel Pink [Tweet It]
  1. “There’s an idea out there that salespeople have actually been obliterated by the Internet, which is just not supported by the facts.” – Daniel Pink [Tweet It]
  1. “The ability to take another perspective has become one of the keys to sales” – Daniel Pink [Tweet It]

Dan Waldschmidt of “EDGY Conversions”

1. “Pretending that we know more than we really do is one big reason we’re not as successful as we should be. It’s probably the worst self-limiting behavior that we have.” – Dan Waldschmidt[Tweet It]
  1. Success looks a lot like failure up until the moment you break through the finish line.” – Dan Waldschmidt[Tweet It]
  1. “The only thing standing between you and outrageous success is continuous progress.” – Dan Waldschmidt[Tweet It]
  1. “If you haven’t had to cry because you cared, you need to care more.” Dan Waldschmidt[Tweet It]
  1. “Discipline drives your dreams toward success.” Dan Waldschmidt[Tweet It]
  1. “Success demands planning, patience, and passion.” Dan Waldschmidt[Tweet It]
  1. “Every amazing achiever gets told they can’t do it. Winners use that disbelief to drive outrageous results.” Dan Waldschmidt[Tweet It]
  1. “Working smarter is the luxury you earn once you’ve worked yourself half to death.” Dan Waldschmidt[Tweet It]
  1. “Success has a price. If you aren’t prepared to pay it, you shouldn’t expect to achieve it.” Dan Waldschmidt[Tweet It]
  1. “You create your future one thought and one decision at a time.” Dan Waldschmidt[Tweet It]
  1. “If you wouldn’t kick down your customer’s door and spit sales facts in his face in person, then don’t do it with your calls and emails.” Dan Waldschmidt[Tweet It]
  1. “Just because you call it business doesn’t mean it’s not personal. It always it.” Dan Waldschmidt[Tweet It]

David Ogilvy of “Confessions of an Advertising Man”

1. “Our business is infested with idiots who try to impress by using pretentious jargon.” – David Ogilvy →  [Tweet It]
  1. “The more informative your advertising, the more persuasive it will be.” – David Ogilvy →  [Tweet It]
  1. “It takes a big idea to attract the attention of consumers and get them to buy your product.” – David Ogilvy →  [Tweet It]
  1. “Never stop testing, and your advertising will never stop improving.” – David Ogilvy →  [Tweet It]
  1. “In the modern world of business, it is useless to be a creative, original thinker unless you can also sell what you create.” – David Ogilvy →  [Tweet It]
  1. Good copy can’t be written with tongue in cheek, written just for a living. You’ve got to believe in the product.” – David Ogilvy →  [Tweet It]
  1. “On the average, five times as many people read the headline as read the body copy.” – David Ogilvy →  [Tweet It]
  1. “Don’t bunt. Aim out of the ball park. Aim for the company of immortals.” – David Ogilvy →  [Tweet It]
  1. “The headline is the ‘ticket on the meat.’ Use it to flag down readers who are prospects for the kind of product you are advertising.”- David Ogilvy →  [Tweet It]
  1. “I do not regard advertising as entertainment or an art form, but as a medium of information.” – David Ogilvy →  [Tweet It]
  1. “It is flagrantly dishonest for an advertising agent to urge consumers to buy a product which he would not allow his own wife to buy.” – David Ogilvy →  [Tweet It]
  1. “Ninety-nine percent of advertising doesn’t sell much of anything.” – David Ogilvy →  [Tweet It]

Mark Cuban of “How to Win at the Sport of Business”

1. “I still work hard to know my business. I’m continuously looking for ways to improve all my companies, and I’m always selling. Always.” – Mark Cuban[Tweet It]
  1. “I love to compete. To me, business is the ultimate sport. It’s always on. There is always someone trying to beat me.” – Mark Cuban[Tweet It]

Jeffrey Gitomer of “The Little Red Book of Selling”

1. People don’t like to be sold, but they love to buy!” – Jeffrey Gitomer[Tweet It]
  1. The key to mastering any kind of sales is switching statements about you – how great you are, and what you do – to statements about them.” – Jeffrey Gitomer[Tweet It]
  1. After you listen to a strategy or sales technique, try to use it within the hour.  Listening followed by doing leads to mastery.”- Jeffrey Gitomer[Tweet It]
  1. Making the sale is a gateway to a relationship.”- Jeffrey Gitomer[Tweet It]
  1. Quality performance (and quality service) starts with a positive attitude.” – Jeffrey Gitomer[Tweet It]
  1. “There’s no lotion or potion that will make sales faster and easier for you – unless your potion is hard work.” Jeffrey Gitomer[Tweet It]
  1. “Great salespeople are relationship builders who provide value and help their customers win.” Jeffrey Gitomer[Tweet It]
  1. “I don’t want features, I want value. I don’t want benefits, I want value.”Jeffrey Gitomer[Tweet It]

What did I miss? Please leave your favorite motivational sales quotes and books below 🙂

Get 15% Off Your Sales Machine 2017 Ticket (Limited Time Only)

If you loved this post, you’ll love what we have in store for you at Sales Machine Summit!

Visit the Sales Machine Summit page for a special 15% off your ticket, or manually enter SALESHACKER15. 

Sales Machine Details:

• Actionable and tactical sessions on June 14th, 2017
  • Metropolitan Pavilion in New York City
  • 1200+ Attendees
  • 40+ Vendors
  • 2 Stages
  • 4 Tracks led by practitioners at high growth companies on Sales Development, Sales Strategy, Sales Operations, and Revenue Alignment.

Benefits of Attending Sales Machine:

• Learn about new strategies and tactics that your whole team can actually use at your company immediately.
  • Discover new technologies to leverage in the sales process.
  • Network with actual decision makers with budget, and forward thinking sales leaders.

Enjoy this limited time special offer and get 15% off your ticket to Sales Machine. We’ll see you there!

The post 99 Motivational Sales Quotes (And 11 Videos) to Rock the Remainder of 2017 appeared first on Sales Hacker.

Previous Article
The Danger of Following Thought Leaders: How Bad Sales Advice Spreads
The Danger of Following Thought Leaders: How Bad Sales Advice Spreads

TL;DR You know the quality of your Uber driver before you get in their car. But when you look for informati...

Next Article
9 Steps To Hack Your Sales Job Search Process (And Land More Interviews)
9 Steps To Hack Your Sales Job Search Process (And Land More Interviews)

My wife thinks I’m crazy for saying this, but I love the sales interview process. And no, I don’t mean inte...