In this series, we ask Sales Tech Executives to describe how their solution can change a sales organization in a significant way. We call it Sales Tech Game Changers.
Nancy: What are the top 3 ways your solution changes the game for a sales organization?
Derek: At Dun & Bradstreet, we are seeing that B2B relationships are growing increasingly complex and that access to accurate data is critical to driving growth.
- We believe there is a tremendous opportunity for sales teams to leverage data and analytics and move beyond traditional prospecting to engage with their ideal customers more effectively and efficiently.
- D&B Hoovers leverages the world’s largest commercial database and sophisticated analytics to deliver a sales intelligence solution that enables sales and marketing professionals to focus time and energy on the right prospects and engage with relevance and context to accelerate the sales cycle.
- We provide real-time business intelligence that helps teams build pipeline faster, improve productivity of their sellers, and generate higher return on marketing investment.
Nancy: What are the top 5 things your solution allows salespeople to do better, or faster than they can today?
Derek: D&B Hoovers helps sellers spend more time focused on selling so they can be more successful in driving revenue. For example:
- Our powerful search and list-building capabilities leverage 175+ search filters that go beyond firmographics (industry, location, revenue) to help you target more intelligently and quickly build pipeline. We can help you target companies that are opening new facilities, exhibiting signs of M&A activity, or using a specific technology. By building a richer vocabulary for your search criteria we help you quickly weed through the noise to focus on the most relevant opportunities.
- Real-time triggers and dynamically updating lists monitor your accounts to notify you of breaking opportunities and reasons to call, so you can engage buyers at the right time and get in the door before the competition.
- Our company profiles enable more informed conversations and meaningful engagement with customers and prospects. An average profile includes more than 40 reports, such as corporate family trees, financial information, news, and industry analysis and drastically reduce the amount of time spent researching or hunting for information.
- Our robust CRM integration provides access to our full solution within your Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM. Leverage our data to populate and enrich your CRM records with the click of a button and access D&B Hoovers account intelligence directly on your account, contact or lead records.
- Our intuitive solution enhances sales productivity by providing personalization options to make it easy to access information. For example, our customizable desktop is a hub for monitoring important accounts and lists. You can log in every day and get a quick debrief on the news that impacts your territory and prospects.
Nancy: Describe the first 30 days after a company purchases your solution.
Derek: Getting started is easy. Your account administrator can quickly grant access to users. Once a user receives their username and password, they can immediately log in and start accessing the data in D&B Hoovers. We provide onboarding tools to help guide new users through the product, as well as a support portal with user guides and tutorials. Our global support team is available 24×5 via in-product chat, email, and phone, and our customer learning center provides on demand videos and live online classes.
Nancy: How have companies determined the ROI of your solution?
Derek: D&B Hoovers includes Usage Dashboards that provide insight into how individuals and teams are using the solution. We find that there is a tight correlation between the top sales performers and top product users. From a reporting perspective, users can attribute credit to D&B Hoovers when sending leads, accounts, or contacts to their CRM or MAP, so you can track how D&B Hoovers contributes to your pipeline. Additionally, Dun & Bradstreet partnered with TechValidate to survey our sales and marketing solutions customers and 54% of those surveyed improved the size of their lead funnel by 25% or more.
Nancy: What should companies do to ensure success of your solution?
Matt: The fastest and easiest path to success with D&B Hoovers is to enable and encourage your teams to use it. Once a user gains access to D&B Hoovers they have access to all the tools and data they need to focus on identifying the right accounts and closing more business. We have also found that customers find a great deal of value in our CRM integrations. We bring the full application experience and functionality to your Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM. Gaining access to our data and insights in the system you are already working in on a daily basis streamlines workflows, increases adoption and productivity, and enables sellers to access the solution in the context of their account and forecast information.
Nancy: What are some good resources if someone wanted to learn what questions to ask, what others are doing, and purchase considerations?
Matt: Our State of Sales Acceleration Report provides perspectives from today’s B2B buyers and sellers.
Our Annual B2B Marketing Data Report provides insight into how organizations are leveraging data to activate their growth engines.
Our customers share their reviews and experiences on our G2 Crowd Page.
You can meet us in person at the TOPO Summit in San Francisco, CA March 20-21
Nancy: Who benefits most from your solution?
Derek: Companies of all sizes and industries who need accurate B2B data to build sales pipelines and grow your business will benefit from D&B Hoovers. We also offer in-depth technical and financial data that is valuable for companies that provide IT-related services and companies related to financial services industries.